Table of content
Angel Food Cake Recipe
Introduction and Overview about Angel Food Cake Recipe
Angel Food Cake is a light and spongy dessert that unlike a lot of desserts that rely on a lot of sugar doesn’t have a lot of fat in the recipe. In this blog post, you will learn a great-tasting Angel Food Cake recipe from scratch with a few simple ingredients. Let’s get started.
Ingredients for Angel Food Cake:
- 8 egg whites
- 135 gr icing sugar
- 80 gr white sugar
- 95 gr pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Large bowl
- Egg beater
- Mold for cake
Step by Step Instructions
- First of all, we are going to preheat the oven to 180º while we prepare the dough.
- In a bowl, beat the egg faces with electric stirrers at high speed or by hand.
- When the whites turn white and we can see in them the lines left by the rods when beating, we will add the sugar little by little, in the form of rain, and later, the tablespoon of lemon juice. We will continue beating at high speed for a couple of minutes.
- On the whites, we will sift the flour and the icing sugar, and to integrate it we will use a spatula or pastry tongue, and we will mix slowly, with enveloping movements, from the bottom up.
- Once the dough is ready, we will transfer it to a mold in the shape we want, but it has to be metallic (silicone ones do not work), and we are not going to grease it with anything.
- We tap the mold to remove the air, and we take it to the oven for about 30-40 minutes, checking with a toothpick and pinching it in the center of the cake, if it comes out clean.
- Once baked, we leave it upside down on a rack until it cools completely.
- To unmold it, we pass a knife around all the edges, to separate it from the walls, and when you turn it over, it will come out on its own.
Prepare them in small individual molds to enhance the presentation. This cake does not have much color and when served in small portions the sensation of ‘golden’ is greater.
Watch the YouTube video to see the Angel Food Cake recipe visually
That was the tasty and my favorite Angel Food Cake Desserts recipe. Try this at home today for your kids. Do not forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below.