Table of content
Butter Chicken Recipe
Introduction and Overview about Butter Chicken
Butter chicken is a dish that has its origins in Punjab, India. This dish has very mild heat that allows the flavors of chicken and spices to shine through. It’s creamy, spicy, and absolutely amazing. The gravy is light yellow in color with a slight buttery aroma. It is cooked with butter, tomatoes, cashew nuts, cream, and a variety of spices. The chicken is slowly simmered in a thick gravy for a few hours until the meat is tender and the juices are properly absorbed by the gravy. Here is our butter chicken recipe.
Ingredients for Indian Butter Chicken Recipe:
- 4 chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butter
- Large bowl
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees centigrade).
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and tarragon; drizzle with lemon juice.
- Melt the butter in a cast-iron skillet or saucepan over medium heat. Add chicken to skillet, turning to butter on both sides. Cover the chicken with a piece of wax paper and cover.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Watch the YouTube video to see the Butter Chicken visually
That was the tasty and my favorite best Butter Chicken Recipe. Try this at home today. Do not forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below.