Introduction and Overview about Graham Crackers Recipe
If you are interested in baking, then you might have already taken a look at its ingredients and realized that it’s very simple and easy to make. Graham crackers are a mixture of flour, sugar, butter, and graham flour. But did you know that it has a long history? The Graham cracker was invented in 1829 by Sylvester Graham who used to be a Presbyterian minister. For Graham, the graham cracker was a vehicle for maintaining health. Now, let’s have a look at Original Graham crackers recipe.
1 Hr 35 Mins
Ingredients for Healthy Graham Cracker recipe:
- 250 gr. Whole flour
- 1 tsp. Yeast
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 65 gr. Butter
- 115 gr. Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 25 gr. Honey
- 1 tbsp. Milk
- Large bowl
- Rolling pin
- Greaseproof paper
- Baking Paper
Step by Step Instructions
- We start by beating the butter with the sugar until we have a cream with a light texture. The butter must be soft to work it.
- In a bowl, we beat the egg, the milk, and the honey, we reserve.
- In another bowl, we combine the dry ingredients, the flour, the yeast, and the salt.
- Combine the buttercream with the dry ingredients and the liquids alternately until we get a uniform paste. The texture is very sticky, so I advise you to use your hands as little as necessary. We keep the dough, wrapped in transparent paper, for no less than 1 hour in the fridge.
- We divide the dough into two parts to make two batches. On the worktop, we place a sheet of greaseproof paper. We place one of the halves on top and cover it with another sheet of greaseproof paper. With a rolling pin, we stretch the dough as thin as possible. We remove the top paper and with a knife or a pizza cutter, we divide the dough into the portions of the crackers. We will get about 16 whole units.
- With the tip of a knife, we make the holes typical of this type of cookie and, we transfer the baking paper with the cookies to the baking dish that we are going to use.
- With the oven previously hot to 175ºC, bake the cookies for 15 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Remove the tray from the oven and transfer the cookies on the baking paper, placing it on a worktop. It is about moving the baking paper with the cookies on top, without moving them, to a work surface. With a knife or pizza cutter, we cut the cookies following the marks we made before baking. We let the cookies cool before separating them and removing them from the paper. Don’t worry, they will easily separate.
- We repeat the operation with the second half of the dough.
Watch the YouTube video to see the Graham recipe visually
Helping Video about Graham Crackers Recipe
(Click the red icon below to start the video)