Table of content
Introduction and Overview about Polpette Recipe
Polpette is a typical dish from Italian cuisine and can be prepared in a variety of ways. The ingredients and the method of preparation may differ from one region to another. This Polpette recipe is simple and easy to prepare and uses basic ingredients such as beef mince, breadcrumbs, onion, salt, and pepper.
The Polpette can be eaten as an appetizer with some vinegar and oil, tomato ketchup or Italian sauce, and also as a main course with pasta and some sauce.
1 Hr 35 Mins
Ingredients for Polpette:
- 500 gr of beef
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 100 gr of grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs
- 100 grams of bread crumbs
- chopped parsley
- chopped basil
- black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- tomato sauce
- Large bowl
Step by Step Instructions
- In a container we will put the minced meat, we will unite the breadcrumbs, the eggs, the cheese, the parsley, finely chopped garlic, a little salt, black pepper, and nutmeg and we will knead well, mixing until forming a ball.
- We will let it rest for an hour.
- With the palms of the hand, we will form the meatballs the size of a walnut, and we will leave them on a plate.
- In a saucepan, we will fry 2 cloves of garlic in a little oil, as soon as it begins to brown we will add the tomato sauce. When it begins to boil, we will add the meatballs.
- A few minutes before finishing cooking we will add the chopped basil and serve.
Watch the YouTube video to see the Polpette recipe visually
That was the tasty and my favorite fried Polpette recipe. Try this at home today as an appetizer. Do not forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below.