Introduction and Overview About Spanish Tortilla Recipe
Famous and savory Spanish Tortilla recipe here. Spanish traditional omelet is called “Spanish Tortilla” in English and “tortilla española” in Spanish. A tasty omelet made with potatoes, eggs, and onions. A tortilla is a perfect appetizer from Spanish cuisine. It is very easy to make, let’s get started.
- 6 medium potatoes (diced)
- 2 small onions (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 4 tablespoons of sunflower oil (Olive oil can be used if sunflower is not available)
- 7 eggs
- ¼ cup of milk
- Tomato salad drizzled with olive oil for best and amazing taste
- Frying pan or skillet (whatever is available)
- Big flat plate for flip
- Spoon (Wooden or any spoon)
- Medium bowl
Step by Step Instructions to make Spanish Tortilla Recipe
- Mix onions, potatoes and half teaspoon of salt in a small bowl.
- Heat half of your sunflower oil (olive oil) in a large skillet or non-stick frying pan. Cook the onions and potatoes on low heat. Cover it with lid for 5 to 7 minutes to let it soften.
- Not give it more heat to until golden brown. After becoming golden brown, turf off the heat and remove extra oil.
- Now take a medium bowl and break the eggs in it. Add remaining salt (half teaspoon) and milk in this bowl. Mix it very well until frothy.
- Now add potatoes and onions in the egg mixture and whisk vigorously until fully mixed.
- Use another frying pan or clean the previous one and put it on the stove. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil (remaining oil) on the highest heat.
- Add the burning oil into the in the mixture we made in the above steps. When you add this oil, start moving the pan around to help the tortilla to rise. Now fry it until it becomes golden brown. At this point, your tortilla is golden brown by inside and outside.
- Now low the heat and let it cook inside. After 4 to 5 minutes, turn the heat to high to give the tortilla a beautiful brown look from outside.
- Your tortilla has been completely cooked. Now, place a flat plate over your pan and then flip it. Place it again in the frying pan to give the other side the golden-brown look.
- Your savory Spanish tortilla is ready to serve.
I’ll recommend trying this at your home today and leave your comment in the comments section below. Do not forget to add your own healthy and authentic version or variation in the comment section. If you want to learn more about Spanish omelette recipes, you can click here.
Helping Video about authentic Spanish tortilla
You may also like the recipes from these categories
13 46 2