Introduction and Overview about Thumbprint chocolate cookie Recipe
Chocolate thumbprint cookies are one of the versatile desserts. They can be customized to match any occasion or holiday. Let’s have a look at the thumbprint cookies recipe.
1 Hr 15 Mins
Ingredients for Thumbprint chocolate cookie:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup of white sugar
- ¾ cup corn syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package (11 ounces) white chocolate chips
- 1 bar (1.4 ounces) chocolate-covered English toffee, chopped
- 1 jar (4 ounces) maraschino cherries, halved
- Large and small bowl
- Egg beater
Step by Step Instructions
- Beat butter and 1/2 cup sugar in a large bowl until well combined; Add the corn syrup, egg, and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, and baking soda; Gradually add this dry mix to the butter mixture. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate the dough for 1 hour or until firm enough to handle.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll each ball in the sugar mixture and place it on a cookie sheet. Press slightly the center of the cookie to make some space in the center with your thumb.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 7 to 8 minutes or until done.
- Take the cookies out of the oven. If the notch has become indistinct, use the top of a spoon and press the notch further. Immediately place 1 teaspoon of white chips in each indentation. After several minutes, stir the melted fries with a spoon. Top with caramel bits and maraschino cherry halves (if desired). Cool the cookies on a wire rack.
Watch the YouTube video to see the Thumbprint chocolate cookie recipe visually
Helping Video about Thumbprint chocolate cookie Recipe
(Click the red icon below to start the video)