Table of content
Chocolate thumbprint cookies are one of the versatile desserts. They can be customized to match any occasion or holiday. Let’s have a look at the thumbprint cookies recipe.
1 Hr 15 Mins
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup of white sugar
- ¾ cup corn syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package (11 ounces) white chocolate chips
- 1 bar (1.4 ounces) chocolate-covered English toffee, chopped
- 1 jar (4 ounces) maraschino cherries, halved
- Large and small bowl
- Egg beater
Step by Step Instructions
- Beat butter and 1/2 cup sugar in a large bowl until well combined; Add the corn syrup, egg, and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, and baking soda; Gradually add this dry mix to the butter mixture. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate the dough for 1 hour or until firm enough to handle.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll each ball in the sugar mixture and place it on a cookie sheet. Press slightly the center of the cookie to make some space in the center with your thumb.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 7 to 8 minutes or until done.
- Take the cookies out of the oven. If the notch has become indistinct, use the top of a spoon and press the notch further. Immediately place 1 teaspoon of white chips in each indentation. After several minutes, stir the melted fries with a spoon. Top with caramel bits and maraschino cherry halves (if desired). Cool the cookies on a wire rack.
Watch the YouTube video to see the Thumbprint chocolate cookie recipe visually
(Click the red icon below to start the video)
That was the tasty and my favorite thumbprint cookies with chocolate kisses recipe. Try this at home today for your kids. Do not forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below.