Introduction and Overview about Affogato coffee Recipe
Affogato is a dessert recipe that is served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. It came to be in the mid-19th century. The word affogato means “drowned” in Italian.
This affogato ice cream recipe is perfect for the summer because it is simple to make and doesn’t take much time. See how to make affogato coffee at home.
Ingredients for Affogato coffee:
- 1 scoop of ice cream to taste. Although, the traditional flavor to prepare Affogato coffee is with vanilla ice cream since as it is not such a strong flavor, it leaves the prominence to coffee; But you can try other variations of flavors such as rum with raisins, dark chocolate, white chocolate (a perfect option for those with a sweet tooth in the house), among others, that combine with the bitter and aromatic taste of coffee. Just keep in mind that very acidic fruit flavors and sorbet-style ice creams do not fit into the Affogato coffee equation.
- (1) A cup of double espresso coffee.
- An ice cream cup or cup with a capacity of about 300 ml previously chilled in the freezer.
- Small bowl
- Coffee maker
- Ice cream cup
Step by Step Instructions
- You need to make a good double espresso first. Use the tool, coffee maker that you like the most and with the coffee of your choice. Once ready, let it rest while you prepare the cup or glass of ice cream to use.
- Choose the ice cream of your taste. As we mentioned before, you can try different flavors that combine with our protagonist, espresso coffee. With our selected ice cream, we take a portion of ice cream and place it in our glass previously taken out of the refrigerator.
- We cover at the moment with very hot coffee. The amount of this is to taste.
- Serve immediately, stirring the vanilla ice cream into the hot coffee to slightly melt.
Watch the YouTube video to see the Affogato coffee recipe visually
Helping Video about Affogato coffee Recipe
(Click the red icon below to start the video)