Introduction and Overview about Afghan Biscuits Recipe
There are a lot of Afghan biscuits recipe out there on the internet, but one of the problems with a lot of these is that they rely on ingredients that are difficult to get. This is a recipe that I have developed and you can use it even if you don’t have access to the ingredients needed to make the classic biscuits.
Afghanistan is home to one of the most robust and diverse food cultures in the region. Afghan cookies are tasty cookies that are simple to make. This blog will tell you how to make Afghan biscuits.
Ingredients for Afghan Biscuits:
- Butter at room temperature 190 g
- Brown sugar 90 g
- Wheat flour 200 g
- Cocoa powder 25 g
- Corn flakes 50 g
- Butter (for topping) 12 g
- Chocolate fondant without milk (for the topping) 20 g
- Icing sugar (for topping) 55 g
- Hot water (for coverage) 15 ml
- Half walnuts (for topping) 40
- Baking tray
- Greaseproof paper
- Small bowl
Step by Step Instructions
- We beat the butter together with the sugar until obtaining a homogeneous mass. Next, we add the flour and cocoa, previously sifted, and stir again until integrated. Finally, we add the corn flakes and stir until they have been incorporated into the mixture.
- With our hands we take portions of the mixture, roll, and place them on one or two baking trays covered with greaseproof paper, squashing slightly. We leave enough space between them so that, when they expand with the heat of the oven, they do not stick to each other.
- We cook in the oven, pre-heated to 180ºC up and down, for about 12-15 minutes. After the cooking time has elapsed, we remove the tray from the oven and let them cool down before transferring them to a rack for complete cooling.
- Meanwhile, we prepare the fondant chocolate coating. To do this, in a bowl, we melt the butter and the chocolate. We can do it in the microwave with short bursts of heat to avoid burning us or in a water bath. Add the icing sugar and hot water, mix well and transfer to a pastry bag.
- When the cookies are completely cold, we spread a little chocolate fondant coating on them (it will have to be hot to be able to handle it) and top with half a nut. Once this is done, we have our Afghan biscuits ready to be eaten.
Watch the YouTube video to see the Afghan Biscuits recipe visually
Helping Video about Afghan Biscuits Recipe
(Click the red icon below to start the video)