Introduction and Overview about Americano Coffee Recipe
Americans say that they drink coffee but many of them don’t know how to make coffee. There are many recipes for making coffee and they may differ from one person to another. But the basic things remain the same. This article would deal with the Americano Coffee recipe. Let’s get started.
American coffee: popularity in the world
Long before the French, Italians, and Europeans, Americans were already coffee lovers since the beginning of time.
However, due to the quality of the coffee they are used to drinking, some French people criticized it until the day American coffee appeared.
An exceptional coffee, Americano coffee is appreciated not only in the United States but also in Italy, Spain, and throughout Europe.
Today, although many fascinating additions have been made, the traditional flavor of American coffee is still preserved by the greatest baristas.
You can also prepare one thanks to this American coffee recipe to discover the benefits of this famous filter coffee.
Ingredients for Americano Coffee:
- 7 grams of ground coffee
- 45 ml of water, or 1 ½ ounce
- Due to a lighter coffee roast, we will add a little grinding to balance the flavor of the American coffee that we will obtain at the end. For a less caffeinated taste, we can be satisfied with:
- 15 to 18 grams of coffee
- 80 ml of water
- Coffee maker
- Coffee cup
Step by Step Instructions
- For the preparation, you should use the first list of ingredients, 7 g of coffee, and 45 ml of water.
- First, heat enough water in a saucepan, kettle, etc …
- Meanwhile, prepare your espresso with the coffee machine. Once the espresso is ready, pour 90 ml of hot water into a large mug before gently pouring in the espresso to give a less creamy mixture. Your American coffee is now ready to drink.
- It is good to note that the ground coffee in the cup that contains the hot water can be extracted from the beginning, but be sure to keep it close enough to the portafilter to avoid splashing.
How do you make a true American coffee?
It’s impossible to discuss the great coffee classics, the history of coffee, and the popularity of coffee around the world without including Americano in the conversation.
One of the best and most consumed beverages in the world after cappuccino, ground coffee, coffee with milk, and espresso, American coffee is appreciated for its mixed flavor of espresso and hot water.
Its name “American coffee” is simply translated from the Italian word “caffè Americano” which means American coffee. In Italy, it is also called “Lungo” which means long, hence its name “café allongé” in France. Although American coffee is currently famous in France and throughout Europe, it is not yet clear how to prepare it properly.
Watch the YouTube video to see the Americano Coffee recipe visually
Helping Video about Americano Coffee Recipe
(Click the red icon below to start the video)