Introduction and Overview about Cashew chicken Recipe
The Cashew chicken recipe is a famous Chinese-American recipe that you can prepare very easily. The recipe is simple, but the dish is very delicious. This is one of the most popular recipes in our collection. This is a very simple, tasty, complete, and quick recipe to make. Perfect to accompany white rice or noodles and to avoid eating chicken breast, in the same way, all the time.
A recipe that provides us with the proteins of the meat and the healthy fats of the nuts and that will help us to kill those cravings for Asian food without having to call the Chinese on duty. Let’s get started on our cashew chicken recipe.
Ingredients for Cashew chicken:
- Chicken breast 350 g
- Cashew nuts 75 g
- Onion 1
- Light soy sauce 5 tablespoons
- Garlic 3 or 4 cloves
- Water 150 ml
- Cornstarch ½ teaspoon
- Extra virgin olive oil 3 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander a little bit
- Large bowl
Step by Step Instructions for easy cashew chicken recipe
- We start by lightly roasting the cashews in a pan over moderate heat until they take on a little color and we reserve them.
- In the same pan, heat the oil over medium heat and brown the garlic cloves, peeled, and cut into very small pieces. When it begins to brown, add the chicken breast into bite-sized pieces, turn up the heat and sauté the breast for a couple of minutes, stirring non-stop until it changes color.
- Add the onion cut into feathers, let it cool for a couple of minutes, add the soy sauce and mix well.
- Add the cornstarch dissolved in the water, wait for it to come to a boil, lower the heat to a minimum and let the sauce reduce.
- Finally, we add the cashews that we had reserved and let the whole cook for a couple more minutes. We try in case it is necessary to rectify the salt and serve with a little fresh coriander on top.
It doesn’t take us half an hour to have our chicken with cashews ready and, if we accompany it with a little white rice that we can cook at the same time, we will have a perfect menu for any day.
Watch the YouTube video to see the Cashew chicken recipe visually
Helping Video about Cashew chicken Recipe
(Click the red icon below to start the video)