Introduction and Overview about Chalupa Recipe
Chalupa is well-known food in Mexico. Peubla city of Mexico has its most traditional variant. Chalupa is mostly filled with shredded chicken or pork and topped with green and red salsa. In this post, we are going to share the Chalupa recipe with you guys so that you can feel the taste of real Mexico. Let’s have a look on authentic chalupa recipe.
1 Hr 30 Mins
Ingredients for Chalupa:
FOR THE LEAF CACHAPAS
4 cups of baby corn kernels
1/2 cup of water
1/2 cup of sugar
2 teaspoons of salt
the leaves of four jojotos
water for the pot
FOR THE STEW
2 chicken fillets
1 tablespoon corn oil
2 butter spoons
1 onion, minced
1/2 cup of red bell pepper, minced
2 stalks of chives, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon of minced sweet pepper
2 cups of tomato minced
1/2 cup diced green olives
1 cup of bouillon
1 cup of red kitchen wine
3/4 cup black raisins
2 tablespoons minced parsley
TO PUT IT TOGETHER
butter for the mold
4 hand cheeses
- Large and small bowl
- Frying pan
Step by Step Instructions
- To prepare the leafy cachapas, put the corn kernels, water, sugar, and salt in the blender and process.
- Choose the most tender leaves of the jojotos and prepare the strips to tie them.
- Place the mixture inside the clean leaves and tie them with the strips.
- Cook the leaf cachapas in boiling water until they are firm and cooked.
- Take them out and put them in a container in an upright position so that they lose the water.
- To make the stew, dice the chicken.
- Heat the corn oil and add the butter.
- Sauté the minced onion until transparent.
- Add the red bell pepper and chopped chives.
- Sauté the chicken cubes until cooked.
- Add the salt, the sweet pepper, the tomato, and the olives.
- Cook for fifteen minutes.
- Add the consommé and the red kitchen wine.
- Keep cooking until reduced by half.
- Add the black raisins and the minced parsley.
- Remove the stew from the heat and let it rest covered.
- Preheat the oven to 400º F / 200º C.
- Prepare the baking dish with butter.
- Cut the leaf cachapas lengthwise into slices.
- Form a layer of cachapas, then a layer of stew, one of hand cheese, and again the slices of leaf cachapas.
- Keep layering until all the ingredients are used.
- Finish with a layer of hand cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown and serve immediately.
Watch the YouTube video to see the Mexican Style Chalupa Recipe visually.