Introduction and Overview of Chiffon Cake Recipe
The chiffon cake is a donut with an indescribably smooth texture. Soft and fluffy, this chiffon cake recipe is already the end of the world in a simple version sprinkled with icing sugar, which you can discover here. In this variant, we really want to seduce you!
The chocolate orange chiffon cake is actually made with the addition of chocolate chips in the batter and once cooked it is covered with a sweet orange glaze. Served with candied orange peel, your chocolate and orange chiffon cake will win the hearts of your guests, not only at the taste but also with its refined presentation.
1 Hr 25 Mins
Ingredients for Chiffon Cake:
- 300 g. extra-fine sugar
- 290 g. Flour
- 200 ml. Water
- 120 ml. Sunflower oil
- 100 g. Dark chocolate drops
- 6 Large eggs
- 2 Untreated peel oranges
- 1 Vanilla
- 1 sachet Baking powder for cakes
- 8 g. Cream of tartar
- 2 g. Salt
FOR THE ORANGE GLAZE
Powdered sugar 250 g
Orange juice 1
FOR THE DECORATION
Candied orange to taste
- Large bowl
- Egg beater
- Mold for cake
Step by Step Instructions
- To prepare the gauze cake, start sifting the flour into a bowl along with the baking powder. Then add the superfine sugar and salt.
- In another bowl, pour the yolks and reserve the whites. Add the seed oil. then pour the water at room temperature and mix with a whisk.
- Then cut a vanilla bean to extract the seeds with the tip of a small knife, to add them to the yolk mixture.
- Grate the zest of two oranges Beat the mixture with the mixer until you get a homogeneous cream.
- Then mix it with the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, and yeast). Mix well with a whisk until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Set this mixture aside for a moment and dedicate yourself to whisking the whites. Pour into the bowl of a planetary mixer. (If you don’t have a planetary mixer you can use an electric mixer).
- Then, activate the mixer and begin to beat the whites. When they turn white and smooth, pour in the cream of tartar and keep running the whips for a few minutes.
- When the egg whites are very firm, transfer gently to the mixture with the eggs. Mix with a spatula from top to bottom to avoid removing the whites. Then flour the chocolate chips and sift the excess flour, then add them to the mixture.
- Stir and at this point pour the mixture into a gauze cake mold. (It is not necessary to grease or flour the mold). A mold with a diameter of 22 cm at the bottom, 26 cm in diameter at the surface, and 10 cm in height was used.
- Then bake the gauze cake in a static oven preheated to 160 ° for 50 minutes (for a convection oven at 150 ° for 40-45 minutes), placing the cake at the bottom of the oven. Once out of the oven, turn the mold over and place it on the special feet so that the cake takes in air, cools, and peels off on its own. When the gauze cake is completely cold, you will have to remove the upper part of the mold: you can help yourself with a fine and sharp knife.
- Your chiffon cake is ready to be decorated So get down to making the orange glaze: squeeze the juice out of an orange and filter it.
- In a small bowl pour the icing sugar and add the orange juice, then mix with a whisk to create a homogeneous, fairly fluid, and lump-free mixture.
- You can pour the orange glaze over the donut by hand with a teaspoon (22-23) and then garnish as desired with candied orange peel. Your Chocolate Orange Chiffon Cake is ready to serve!
Watch the YouTube video to see the chiffon cake recipe visually