Introduction and Overview about Chinese Steamed Dumplings Recipe
Chinese steamed dumpling recipe is a traditional recipe from Chinese cuisine. They are half-moon-shaped pasta stuffed with different materials like ground meat. The western world tasted it later but the Chinese have been enjoying it for more than 1800 years. But they called it “Jiaozi” in their traditional way.
Chinese steamed dumplings have a lot of nutritious value due to the carbs and fats in them. Let’s have a look at the Chinese Steamed Dumplings Recipe.
Ingredients for Chinese Steamed Dumplings:
FOR THE DOUGH OF ABOUT 20 Dumplings (RAVIOLI)
Flour 250 g
Water at room temperature 150 g
Salt up to 1 pinch
FOR THE FILLING
Chicken ground 150 g
Peeled shrimp 50 g
Chinese cabbage 100 g
Fresh ginger 2 g
Chives to taste
2 tablespoons soy sauce
FOR THE BASKET
Chinese cabbage (or kale) to taste
- Large bowl
- Bamboo steamer basket
Step by Step Instructions
- First, prepare the dough: pour the flour into a bowl and form a well, then add the salt and the water little by a little while stirring to mix.
- Transfer the mixture to the lightly floured work surface and continue working with your hands. until a firm and the compact dough is obtained. Cover with the bowl and let it rest for about an hour.
- In the meantime, you can devote yourself to stuffing: coarsely chop the cleaned shrimp, then peel and finely chop the Chinese cabbage and carrot.
- Do the same with the shallot too. In a large bowl, pour the minced meat and shrimp, then add the cabbage.
- Also, add the carrot and shallot, mix with your hands and add the grated ginger.
- Finally, season with the soy sauce and chopped chives and mix everything well. Cover the bowl with cling film and let it sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- After the dough’s resting time, put it on a floured surface and spread it out to form a thin sheet. Obtain discs with a 7 cm diameter pasta cutter.
- Thin individual discs further with a roller, then place a generous teaspoon of filling in the center 2. 3 and brush the edges with a little water.
- Fold the disc in half to form a crescent, then seal by pressing on the edges and making small folds from one end to the other. Proceed in this way with all the dumplings.
- At this point you are ready to cook: fill a wok with approximately 1.5 cm of water, bring to a boil and place the bamboo steamer basket. Line the bottom with bok choy or kale leaves and place the ravioli on top, making sure they don’t touch each other.
- Close with the lid and cook for about 15 minutes over medium heat, until the pasta is almost transparent. Serve your steamed Chinese meatballs accompanied with soy sauce!
Watch the YouTube video to see the Steamed chicken Dumplings recipe visually