Introduction and Overview about Ciabatta Recipe
Ciabatta recipe is a unique flatbread-style Italian bread recipe. The word ciabatta means slipper in Italian, and the bread is so named because it’s so soft, light, and pillowy. Ciabatta infact is an italian version of French baguette. It’s also one of the easiest bread to make! Ciabatta is traditionally made with ingredients common to Italian bakeries. However, I’ve added a little twist to the recipe using ingredients that are more readily available to people outside Italy. This is a simple ciabatta recipe that any aspiring bread maker can follow, it is a favorite of mine and easy to adapt to your own tastes.
Ciabatta bread recipe is a very versatile bread and can be made with a variety of flours and a range of herbs and seeds. It is delicious. It is also very easy to make at home, using just a few basic ingredients. This blog post gives a quick ciabatta recipe to make it at home. Let’s get started.
3Hrs 50 Mins
Ciabatta Bread Ingredients:
- 350 g of strength flour
- 250 ml of water
- 1 ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dry yeast
- Large bowl
- Dough maker
- Plastic sheet
Step by Step Instructions
- Spread the yeast in a small bowl of water, steep for 5 minutes, and stir until dissolved.
- Transfer the sourdough to a medium bowl and add the dissolved yeast, olive oil and mix everything very well to integrate.
- In a large bowl add the sifted flour, the salt, the sourdough and mix until it forms a moist and sticky paste, beat with a wooden spoon without stopping for 5 minutes or until the dough is fluffy and starts to come off. sides of the bowl, but it is still too soft to knead.
- Cover the dough again and rise for 3 hours or until the dough is tripled in size and filled with air bubbles. DO NOT deflate.
- Divide the dough in half while it is in the bowl and take one of the halves to a well-floured baking sheet, with your hands covered in flour, form a rectangular loaf about 30 centimeters long, sprinkle the bread again and hands to accommodate and thicken the sides by inserting the dough below the bottom edge. Repeat with the other half of the dough and leave it uncovered for another 20 minutes. The loaves will spread out and increase in size.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 220 ° C (428 ° F) for 30 minutes until the loaves swell, turn golden, and sound hollow when hitting the base. Cool the ciabatta bread on a wire rack to prevent it from getting moist.
Watch the YouTube video to see the ciabatta recipe visually.