Table of content
Espresso coffee Recipe
Introduction and Overview about Espresso coffee Recipe
While there are numerous coffee recipes that you can try, there is no doubt that the best coffee is the one that you make at home, yourself. If you are an espresso lover, then it can be quite tricky to get the same quality of espresso coffee that you get at the café. There are many coffee lovers who would want to learn the art of creating espresso coffee. Espresso is a strong coffee drink. It is made by forcing hot water under pressure through finely-ground coffee beans. It is more concentrated than coffee made by an automatic drip. Espresso has a thick, rich flavor and a stronger, more bitter taste. This blog will let you know about the espresso coffee recipe.
Ingredients for Espresso coffee:
- Amount of quality coffee (variety or blend that you like) 7 – 7.5 grams of pressed ground coffee
- Machine water temperature 88 – 92º C
- Water pressure 9 – 15 bar- atmospheres
- Preparation time 25 seconds approx
- If possible bottled water
- Small bowl
Step by Step Instructions
How to prepare a perfect espresso
- To prepare a good espresso, the first thing is to have quality ingredients, starting with the water. Depending on the city or country where you live, tap water may not be the most suitable for preparing espresso. In case the water is very calcified, it is best to use bottled water.
- As for the coffee beans, let them be of the best quality Arabica. A dark toast ensures a stronger and more intense flavor, and if the espresso is identified by something, it is by its intensity. With 7 grams we will have enough, it is the perfect measure according to the experts.
- It is best to grind these beans when preparing coffee and, the finer they are, the better. The filter must be in the best conditions and very clean since otherwise, it will adulterate the flavor of the coffee.
- When we go to prepare it, the water must be at 90º C and with a pressure of 9 bars for 25 seconds. That way the espresso will come out with that delicious cream on top that characterizes it so much and what, honestly, is one of the best it has.
- Then comes the option of adding sugar or not. Most purists of espresso say that it has to be taken alone, but the espresso can be accompanied without problem with a little sugar, although if you are a good coffee taster, my recommendation is that you try it without it.
What is espresso?
Let’s start by the beginning. Espresso is a type of coffee that contains more caffeine by volume than most coffees, which is why it is served in small cups. It is not that it has more caffeine than the rest, but that it is concentrated in less liquid.
Espresso has 150 milligrams of caffeine, while others have up to 200 milligrams, the point is that while other coffees are 150 milliliters like cappuccino, espresso-only has 60 milliliters.
This coffee arises in Italy, at a time when there is a high demand for coffees in bars, hotels, and restaurants. As these were not enough to make all the demanded coffees, they began to serve them alone and in small cups to be able to go faster, hence the espresso fever began.
Tips to prepare it. What do we need?
- Water is key
The water accompanies the coffee and if it is important. If the quality of the water that comes out of your tap at home is not good or the water is simply very alkaline, it is advisable to use mineral water or filter the water before preparing the espresso. If the water has flavors or odors that attack the aroma and flavor of the coffee, your coffee will be bad.
- Quality coffee
Have quality coffee. You can be a barista with a thousand awards but if they give you bad coffee, you will make bad coffee. At home, the best, buy a good coffee of the variety that you like and if you are passionate about this world, try to make your mixes or buy them already made. Please, a good espresso with good coffee.
- Good coffee maker
Have a good espresso machine that delivers the water with sufficient pressure and adequate temperature to get the best out of the coffee. It is prepared in an espresso machine in which the water comes out at high pressure and with a speed over the coffee. That makes it go very very fast, in less than 25 seconds we have our espresso made. So the grain must have been ground very finely, otherwise, the water would pass through the coffee at a tremendous speed and you will not get the characteristic flavor of espresso coffee.
- The degree of grinding
Everything is important in the process, and a good coffee grinder is essential, as is the quality of what we use. If you have a small coffee grinder, it works for you, but I recommend a semi-professional grinder, which will avoid that when you grind the coffee, it is too thick for an espresso machine. An espresso requires obtaining a fine grind of the coffee bean, similar to sugar beans.
With a professional one, you can graduate the grind according to the type of coffee you use. Well, if the coffee is a powder that is high ground by the blades at high speed, it increases the temperature of the place where it is ground and can change the roasting point of the coffee that our coffee maker has made with so much care.
Watch the YouTube video to see the Espresso coffee recipe visually
Helping Video about Espresso coffee Recipe
Video by: Barista Andrea
That was the tasty and my favorite Espresso coffee. Try this at home today for you. Do not forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below.