Introduction and Overview about Kedgeree Recipe
Kedgeree (a very simple dish, possibly Anglo-Indian in origin) is a popular breakfast dish in Britain, served in Indian restaurants and often found on hotel menus. It is thought to have been brought from India by the British. A spicy blend of smoked haddock, rice, and eggs, Kedgeree is a great way to kick off the day. It has a complex set of flavors and a rich taste that is a delight to the palate. Let’s read the Easy kedgeree recipe.
Ingredients for Kedgeree:
- 200g basmati rice
- 3 cans of natural tuna
- 2 boiled eggs
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon curry
- extra virgin olive oil
- chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Large bowl
- Cooking Pot
- Frying Pan
- Vegetable chopper
Step by Step Instructions
We fry the onion and rice
- In a large frying pan, heat a good jet of extra virgin olive oil, and fry the small chopped onion for about 10 minutes, until it is transparent.
- Meanwhile we boil 400 ml of water with a pinch of salt in a pot.
- When the onion is transparent, add the curry and turmeric, stir and fry for 2 more minutes.
- Add the rice, stir so that it is well impregnated with the oil and spices, let it fry for a minute, and remove from the heat.
We boil the spiced rice
- While we fry the rice, the water in the pot will have already started to boil.
- We transfer the spiced rice from the pan to the pot, and cook for 10 minutes, making sure that it does not stick because the rice will have to absorb all the water.
- If it completely absorbs the water before 10 minutes, we test it; If it is cooked, remove it from the heat, if it is still missing, add half a glass of water and continue cooking.
Plating the Kedgeree
- When the rice is cooked, we turn off the heat, add the butter and stir gently until it melts.
- We transfer the rice to a source, distribute the tuna, the boiled egg cut into wedges, and chopped parsley on top.
- We serve.
Watch the YouTube video to see the Kedgeree recipe visually
Helping Video about Kedgeree Recipe
(Click the red icon below to start the video)
Without a doubt,Indian kedgeree recipe is a nutritious, light, and delicious recipe, with a flavor that will transport us to India and that we are sure, will conquer you.So try this at home and share this recipe with your friends and don’t forget to share your experience in the comment section below.