Introduction and Overview about Milanesa Recipe
Milanesa is a traditional South American dish from Argentina that is a very popular dish. A milanesa is a slice of veal or chicken that is dipped into a mixture of beaten eggs and bread crumbs. The meat is then fried and served with a slice of mozzarella cheese and tomato sauce on a bun. Let’s have a look at milanesa recipe.
1 Hr 40 Mins
- 8 small milanesas (I made them square, but they can be loin, loin ball, peceto, etc.)
- Breadcrumbs (I used panko)
For the marinade :
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
1 clove garlic
1 tbsp. grated cheese
Salt and pepper to tast
- Large bowl
- Plastic wrap
Step by Step Instructions
- The first thing we are going to do is beat the eggs and add all the marinade ingredients inside. Let’s mix everything well.
- Now we are going to salt the milanesas and place them in the marinade, they have to be well soaked. We are going to cover them with plastic wrap and we are going to put them in the refrigerator for at least one hour. The more the merrier.
- After that time, we are going to take them out of the refrigerator. Then milanesa, we are going to cover them with the breadcrumbs, pressing on both sides until they are well coated.
- Finally, what remains is to fry them in hot oil until golden brown and enjoy them a lot.
Watch the YouTube video to see the Milanesa recipe visually