Introduction and Overview about Miso Soup Recipe
It’s cold outside and you don’t feel like cooking. There is a better option. Make miso soup! It’s easy, quick, and a healthy meal. Miso soup is a meal that is on almost every Japanese restaurant menu. It’s a simple dish that consists of miso paste, water, and a few garnishes. It is a quick, easy, and filling meal. Miso Soup is the most well-known and common Japanese traditional food that other countries often refer to as a soup, but it’s more like a hot broth. Since miso paste is fermented, it’s very healthy and can help your immune system and blood circulation. So, in this post, we are going to tell you the miso soup recipe. Let’s get started.
Miso soup Ingredients:
- 1 l water or dashi broth
- 15 g. dehydrated wakame seaweed
- 3 tablespoons miso
- 200 g. of tofu
- 50 g. leek
- 50 g. chives
- Soba noodles (optional)
- Large bowl
- Cooking pot
Miso Soup Recipe easy Instructions step by step:
Miso soup preparation
- We put the water in a pot and bring it to a boil. Once it starts to boil, we pour a little water into a glass to later dissolve the miso.
- We put the wakame seaweed in the pot and let it cook for 5 minutes. Then we add the tofu cut into small cubes of approximately 1 cm and the vegetables into small pieces. Cook the soup another 5 minutes
- We dissolve the miso in water and, when the soup is ready, we remove it from the heat and add the water with dissolved miso. Ready to serve.
- If you like it with soba noodles and optionally, just follow the manufacturer’s instructions to cook them. Once you have them, you put a small amount in each bowl, pouring the miso soup over the top, similar to when we make ramen soup at home.
Tips for a yummy miso soup
- It is necessary to make it with dashi broth. If you can do it better, but if you don’t have time to do it, you can do it as we recommend, you just have to dissolve the miso in the water or add powdered dashi broth that is usually sold in specialized Japanese cuisine stores.
- The wakame seaweed needs to be cooked until it is completely hydrated. You will know it because they turn green and increase in size a lot.
- The vegetables can be added with the tofu if you want them well done, at the last minute so that they are slightly soft or even raw when you serve the soup. At your choice.
- It is an ideal dish for light dinners, although if you want more consistency you can add sautéed mushrooms, prawns, or clams.
Watch the YouTube video to see the Miso Soup with noodles recipe visually