Introduction and Overview about Orange chicken Recipe
Orange chicken is one of the most popular Chinese food dishes in the United States. The recipe is not very complicated and you can cook it at home. In this blog, we are going to discuss the step-by-step orange chicken recipe. Let’s get started.
1 Hr 40 Mins
Ingredients for Orange chicken:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 onions
- 4 oranges
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 dash of vinegar
- 1 spoon of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil for frying
- Large bowl
- Wooden spoon
Step by Step Instructions
- We prepare the sauce. To do this, we squeeze the oranges into a bowl. Add the soy sauce, the minced garlic cloves, the vinegar drizzle, the sugar, the cornstarch, which will thicken the sauce during cooking, and a little salt and freshly ground black pepper. You can add the chicken here and let it marinate for an hour, or you can go directly to the next step.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, add a splash of oil. When it is hot, add the finely chopped onion. Add salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes, while stirring from time to time with a wooden spoon.
- We continue with the orange chicken recipe. After a time, we turn up the heat and add the chicken breasts, which are already cut into bite-size and seasoned. Mix with the onion and cover the pan for a couple of minutes.
- Once this is done, we add the sauce that we had prepared at the beginning. We lower the power of the fire and we cook over low heat, while we mix with the spoon. The sauce will reduce a little while it also thickens due to the cornstarch. Finally, you can sprinkle with fresh parsley. Your orange chicken is ready to serve.
Watch the YouTube video to see the Orange chicken recipe visually
Helping Video about Orange chicken Recipe
(Click the red icon below to start the video)