Table of content
Introduction and Overview of Pumpernickel Recipe
Today’s blog is about a very popular German bread called Pumpernickel. If you’ve never tried it before you should definitely give it a go. It is low in fat but high in flavor. It’s both sweet and savory at the same time. My kids love it with butter or cheese. So, let’s move towards the Pumpernickel recipe.
Ingredients for Pumpernickel:
- 300 grams of rye flour
- 200 grams of wheat flour
- 300 milliliters of Water (warm (35 ° C))
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Yeast (active dry)
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 5 grams of malt flour
- Large bowl
- Dough maker
Step by Step Instructions
- In a glass put a little warm water with the yeast and sugar. Wait about 10 minutes for it to foam. Add 50 grams of white flour and knead until you get a flexible dough. Let this dough rest for 4 hours in a warm place.
- Mix the flours (white, rye, and malt) with the salt and the dough that has been prepared before, adding the warm water little by little and kneading. Knead until the dough is homogeneous and smooth. Form the dough into a ball, cover it with a cloth and let it rest for about 8 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C and put the dough in a mold wait about 15 minutes and take it to the oven bake it for 1 hour
Watch the YouTube video to see the Quick Pumpernickel bread recipe visually
That was the tasty Dark Pumpernickel recipe. Try this at home today. Do not forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below.