Introduction and Overview about Sausage Roll Recipe
Sausage roll recipe is much easier than expected. In fact, you shouldn’t have much trouble coming up with a simple sausage roll recipe. The basic ingredients are flour, eggs, a bit of milk, a bit of butter, and a teaspoon of water. You need to mix these ingredients together in a bowl and then fill the mixture in a pie dish. Once this is done you need to add a bit of hot water to the dish and then bake the sausage roll for about 20 minutes.
Now let’s have a look at the detailed recipe.
2 Hrs 50 Mins
Ingredients for Best Sausage Roll Recipe:
- 1 cup Wheat flour
- 2 tbsp. of oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. of sugar
- 1 tsp. of salt
- 1 tbsp. Yeast or baking powder
- 1 Package of sausages
- Large bowl
- Baking tray
Step by Step Instructions
- Warm the milk, and add the sugar and yeast, mix well, let it rest for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl we put the flour, the egg, the oil, and the salt, to this we add the yeast mixture, we knead it well until it forms a dough that does not stick to the hands, cover with a damp cloth, until than double its size.
- The sausages are cut in half. The dough is divided into four parts, we take one of the parts and stretch it with a rolling pin, on a floured surface, until reaching a thickness of half a centimeter, cut into strips and roll the sausages and close the ends well.
- In a greased baking tray, we place the sausage rolls, and we take them to a preheated oven at 180’C, for 15 min. or until golden brown.
- They can be served with a rich tartar sauce or any of your preferences.
Watch the YouTube video to see the recipe visually
Helping Video about this Recipe
(Click the red icon below to start the video)