Introduction and Overview about Sesame chicken Recipe
Sesame chicken is a Cantonese fried chicken dish. It is made from chicken pieces that are dredged in flour, lightly battered, and deep-fried in sesame oil. It is often served with a side of vegetables and a bowl of soup. In this blog, we will look at the healthy sesame chicken recipe and how you can make this recipe at home using sesame oil and other spices.
Ingredients for Sesame chicken:
- 500 gr of chicken breast cut into strips
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 egg white
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1½ cup of flour
- 1 tablespoon of sesame
- 2 teaspoons of cornmeal (cornstarch) dissolved in 2 tablespoons of water
- Vegetable oil
- Large and small bowl
- Kitchen paper
Step by Step Instructions
- In a container, we make the marinade, for this, we mix 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, the egg white, and the previously crushed garlic clove. When we have it well mixed, let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another container, make the sauce by mixing the chicken broth, vinegar, 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, and sugar. In a large bowl, we place the chicken pieces and the marinade that we had prepared. Mix well with your hands until the chicken is well impregnated.
- Heat abundant vegetable oil over high heat in a wok, filling it with approximately 1/3 of its capacity. When the oil is already hot, we pass the chicken pieces in flour and then fry in the oil for approximately 3 minutes until they are golden brown. Remove and drain on kitchen paper.
- In a pan over medium heat, heat the sauce for 2 minutes so that the sugar dissolves completely. Add the dissolved cornstarch and cook, stirring slowly until the sauce thickens. Now we add the chicken pieces and mix until they are covered by the sauce. Serve and sprinkle the sesame seeds on top. Bon Appetite!
Watch the YouTube video to see the Sesame chicken recipe visually
Helping Video about Sesame chicken recipe
(Click the red icon below to start the video)