Table of content
Tang Bao Recipe
Introduction and Overview about Tang Bao Recipe
The tang bao recipe is a dim sum recipe that is a popular part of the dim sum menu in Chinese restaurants. In fact, it’s one of the most popular dim sum dishes in Singapore and China. This tang bao recipe is a simple recipe that you can easily try at home. It’s a comforting and delicious dish that makes a great snack.
There are a lot of people that would say that a small package is a big surprise. This is very true when it comes to some of the more common dim sum dishes. Tang Bao is a great dish to have when you are on the go at a dim sum restaurant. The dish consists of a steamed bun that has a delicious chicken or crab filling. It is a great dish to have whenever you are on the go. In this post, there is a Tang Bao recipe on how to make your own.
This soup dish is a classic dish for tea time in China. It is very easy to make and you do not need many ingredients to make it. This traditional and simple dish is loved by many, and you can also try it in your home.
So, if you want to know more about this tang bao recipe, read on.
3 Hrs 50 Mins
Ingredients for Tang Bao:
250 grams flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
170 milliliters water
400 grams of minced Chicken
4 tablespoons Shaoxing wine
2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Large bowl
- Kitchen towel
- Bamboo steamer
Step by Step Instructions
Mix the flour with the yeast.
Add the water and mix until it is completely integrated.
Knead on a floured worktop until you get a dough with a smooth surface.
Put the dough into a ball in a floured bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
Let stand for 3 hours at room temperature.
Mix the chicken with the wine and the soy sauce.
Grate a little ginger (to taste) and mix well.
- Transfer the dough to a floured worktop.
- Knead until it recovers its original size and let it rest for 3 minutes.
- Cut the dough into two equal parts.
- Give each part a cylinder shape and divide it into 12-14 equal parts.
- With nothing one of the parts form a ball with the palms of the hands. Put on the worktop and shape into a disk with a rolling pin, as if we were going to make dumplings. That the disk is thin, but more towards the center than towards the edges.
- Take the dough disk with one hand and with the other, pour a teaspoon and a half of the filling in the center. Without releasing it, go closing the edges towards the center, in the shape of a sachet.
- Place a damp kitchen towel on the top level of the steamer and place the dim sum inside.
- Put water in a pot over high heat.
- On top of the pot, place the steamer (with the two levels). When the water starts to boil, lower to medium heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and leave a couple more minutes.
Watch the YouTube video to see the Tang Bao recipe visually
That was the tasty and my favorite shanghai soup dumplings. Try this easy recipe at home. Do not forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below.