Table of content
Turkish Coffee Recipe
Introduction and Overview about Turkish Coffee Recipe
Delightful Turkish coffee is well known for its making technique. A special pot called “Ibrik” is used to make it and is also known as ibrik turkish coffee .Sugar is included during the blending procedure, not after, so there is no need for a serving spoon. No need for milk or cream and sugar is optional for Turkish coffee.
Ingredients for Turkish Coffee:
- 1 tablespoon of finely ground coffee
- 1 cup water
- 1 cardamom (or 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom, use powder for better taste experience)
- Sugar as taste (optional)
- Turkish Coffee Cups
Step by Step Instructions
- Boil sugar and water in an Ibrik. A saucepan (smaller) will be ok if you don’t have Ibrik.
- Remove from the heat. Add the cardamom (or cardamom powder) and coffee and stay for approximately half to 1 minute.
- Now put saucepan or Ibrik to heat again and boil it. When coffee foams, remove from the heat.
- Again, back to heat, allow it to foam, and then remove from the heat.
- Pour into the cups, and let the grounds settle to the bottom of the cup. Usually, it may take 1 to 2 minutes. Your coffee is ready to serve.
More Tips to make Turkish Coffee fun
Cardamom pod can be added to the cup for extra flavor.
Serve it with foam on the top. Remember! Do not heat after pouring into the Turkish coffee cups otherwise, the foam can disappear. This is the traditional Turkish coffee recipe with cardamom .
You can buy a Turkish coffee bag here on Amazon. But if you don’t want to buy it from Amazon, and if you are facing a problem finding finely ground Arabic coffee, purchase a coffee bag from the nearest coffee house and ask them to grind it to make Turkish-type coffee. You can even grind it at your home. All you need is the consistency like powder.
Watch the YouTube video below to see the Turkish coffee recipe from a traditional Turkish lady.
Some people like coffee with milk. If you fall in this category, you can watch this YouTube Video to see the Turkish coffee recipe with milk.
Benefits of Turkish Coffee
- Coffee increases metabolism and has traditionally been drunk after a meal.
- Drinking coffee after a meal helps to prevent weight gain and heartburn.
- Studies show that people who drink Turkish coffee have less tooth decay.
- Coffee is also known to be useful for the treatment of depression and alcoholism.
- Three cups of Turkish coffee a day is also said to reduce the risk of asthma and prevent heart disease.
- It accelerates the metabolism slightly, increasing the energy that people spend at rest.
- Increases blood flow, especially in the brain, makes the person feel more vigorous and makes attention more intense.
- When coffee is drunk with milk, it keeps the person in a longer period of time with a balanced body of protein, carbohydrates, and fat.
- It reduces the sweet need of the person, especially those who want dessert, if they drink coffee instead of dessert will see that this need is lost.
- Many studies have been reported to prevent diabetes.
- There is also research on the possible protective effects of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease on regular consumption. It strengthens memory in old people.
- People who have frequent migraine attacks are able to prevent migraines because they contract in the blood vessels. However, if you drink coffee frequently, the frequency of migraine attacks can increase.
- Coffee can boost the immune system and has a protective effect against diseases.
However, high amounts of coffee can also be harmful if consumed
- A heart rhythm problem can trigger a pulse.
- It can increase blood pressure.
- Three cups a day and overconsumption of coffee can affect fertility negatively.
- In the evening, coffee consumption can cause insomnia, and excessive coffee consumption is irritability and intolerance.
- Coffee increases the need for urine by increasing the amount of water in the body. It can cause electrolyte imbalance in heart and kidney patients.
- The calories can be increased according to the amount of cream, syrup, and sugar used in ready-made coffee. When you drink big coffee with creamy-flavored syrup, calories get into your body as much as you eat a big hamburger.
Please give us feedback about your experience with Turkish coffee. Write your comments in the comment section below.