Table of content
Ginger Cookies Recipe
Introduction and Overview about Ginger Cookies Recipe
Ginger cookies are not only tasty, but they have amazing health benefits as well. Ginger has been used for its medicinal properties for over 4,000 years. It is commonly used to treat nausea, motion sickness, arthritis, rheumatism, and muscle pains. Ginger is great for soothing sore throats and can also be used as a dental analgesic to treat toothache and gum disease. It helps reduce inflammation, improves circulation, and lowers blood pressure. Ginger cookies with fresh ginger are so tasty and good for you that you should make them a part of your daily diet. This blog will focus on Ginger Cookies Recipe.
Ingredients for Ginger Cookies:
- Makes 1 large gingerbread cookie jar
- 125g. butter
- 125g. of sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. of honey
- 4 tsp. grated fresh ginger (if not: 2 tsp. ground ginger)
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 200g. common flour
- 200g. self-rising flour
- Large bowl
- Plastic wrap
- Rolling pin
- Mix the very soft butter (pomade) with the sugar in a bowl until it is like a paste. A trick if you have the butter fresh out of the refrigerator and it lasts (which happens to all of us…) is to put the butter in the microwave for a few seconds to defrost.
- . Add the egg and beat until fully incorporated. It can be done with a mixer or by hand, with a whisk.
- Add the spices: nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well. And by the way, I take the opportunity to publicly repudiate those who write species instead of spices. They do not deserve a place in our human species.
- Lastly, add the flour and honey, little by little, and join slowly until they form a dough.
- Once you have joined the dough well, wrap it in plastic wrap and put it in the refrigerator for at least half an hour (if it is more, the better).
- Crush with a rolling pin until it is more or less than 5 millimeters and cut with pasta cutters the way you want. The traditional one is shaped like a doll but this time I made stars. Go place in an oven. It is not necessary to put butter and flour but if you put it, the better.
- Bake in a moderately preheated oven for about 10 minutes or until you see the gingerbread cookies slightly golden on the top (barely, that will mean that they are completely golden underneath).
- Decorate the gingerbread cookies as you like best: this time I made a thick glaze and I put colored sprinkles on it but I must tell you that although the appearance to give away is much better this way, the flavor of the gingerbread cookies is the way I like it the most. to me it is without anything at all, as they come out of the oven, and if they are warm… much better!
Watch the YouTube video to see the easy Ginger Cookies recipe visually
Helping Video about Ginger Cookies Recipe
Click the red icon below to start the video
Video from: Joy of Baking