Introduction and Overview about Thai grilled chicken Recipe
Grilled chicken is something that every home cook should learn to make. Grilled chicken is healthy, packed with flavor, and also very simple to make. Thai grilled chicken is something that you can easily make at home, and is even easier with this Thai grilled chicken recipe. If you are looking for something simple, healthy, and easy to make then you need to try this Thai grilled chicken recipe.
1 Hr 5 Mins
Ingredients for Thai grilled chicken:
- Whole chicken cut in half 1
- Asian fish sauce a few drops for the marinade
- Spices to taste pepper berries, coriander seeds, turmeric, cardamom, and cumin for the marinade
- Garlic clove 3 for the marinade and another 3 for the sauce
- Brown sugar 3 tablespoons for the marinade
- Pineapple in its juice (slices) for the accompanying sauce3
- Ground turmeric one tablespoon for dessert, for the marinade, and another to infuse the oil
- Extra virgin olive oil 3 tablespoons to grill the chicken
- Apple cider vinegar for the side sauce50 ml
- Fresh green chili or jalapeños, (to taste) I used three for the accompanying sauce
- Three tablespoons sugar for the accompanying sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lemon juice for the accompanying sauce
- Basmati rice for the garnish
- Chili flakes optional
- Large bowl
- Food processor
Step by Step Instructions
- To prepare the chicken, we will place the bird breast side up on a cutting board. With a sharp knife, we cut the breast in half, and then, with kitchen scissors, we finished opening it with a clean cut through the sternum. We press the chicken to flatten it and we have it ready to impregnate it with the marinade.
- To make the marinade, in a food processor or powerful grinder, put the peppercorns, garlic, coriander seeds, brown sugar, a few drops of fish sauce, a tablespoon of turmeric, salt, coriander, cumin, and cardamom, mashing until you get a slightly moist grainy paste.
- We cover the chicken with it, spreading and massaging it so that the skin is well impregnated and we leave it to marinate in the fridge for between 12 and 24 hours before cooking it in the oven. You can adapt the marinade to your liking with what you have in the pantry.
- We take the chicken out of the refrigerator and leave it at room temperature for an hour before baking. We place the chicken with the skin facing up in a source or tray and roast it in a preheated oven at 180 ° C with heat up and down. To give the chicken a special color, we prepare an infusion of oil with a tablespoon of turmeric, and we will varnish the skin every 15 minutes so that when it is roasted it remains with a beautiful golden color.
- This is how we keep it in the oven until a probe or thermometer indicates that the inside of the breast or thighs is at 55ºC, which will take approximately 40 minutes. Then we raise the oven to 235ºC, glaze again with the turmeric oil, and grill until the skin is crisp and the inside of the breast is about 70ºC, which will take us approximately another ten minutes.
- To make the sauce that we will serve separately with the chicken, we mix the very chopped pineapple, the garlic, and the jalapeños or chilies and mix in a bowl with the sugar, salt, vinegar, and a little salt and pepper. Add the excess oil infused with turmeric and cook over high heat for 5 minutes in a saucepan.
- Serve in a separate bowl sprinkling optionally with some chili flakes if you want to give it a spicy touch. In another bowl, we collect the chicken juices and deglaze the bottom of the tray and also serve it for the dinners to make the mixture of chicken and sauces to their liking.
Watch the YouTube video to see the Thai grilled chicken recipe visually
Helping Video about Thai grilled chicken Recipe
(Click the red icon below to start the video)